Monday, May 14, 2012

Alive

I wrote this poem today. It's about enjoying life while you're here. Some of my close friends, and even I myself, go through life rushing and stressing out about temporary things that are out of our control.

I know someone, somewhere is probably thinking, "Life's pleasures are not what's important! She should know that!" (To get the full effect of that statement, block your nose and read it out loud.) To which I will hypothetically reply "Herp-a-derp." Because I know that.

 But, our God gives us blessings because we are His children, and He loves us more than we know. We all have some really hard things happen to us, and sometimes it feels quite like life sucks. Some things like lilacs and sour lemon juice and rain are overlooked. They are simple pleasures (Yes, they can be looked at as pleasures) of our  life here on earth.

There is nothing wrong with walking a little more slowly and enjoying them.

-Miranda

ALIVE


Sweet lilacs that bloom in May,
Juices of a sour lemon,
Raindrops on your head—plink!

Slowly--
Surely--
They trickle down your forehead,
Around the curve of your brow,
And make the final plunge to your cheekbone
Where they explode.

You are alive, my friend.
Smell lilacs.
Savor the sour lemons.
For these are pleasures had only
On the way Home.

-MB

No comments:

Post a Comment